Efficient Hierarchical Interfaces of Computation and Visualisation
Computational Steering of CFD Data
Data Interpolation through Sparse Grids
In this subproject the main focus lies on the development of a distributed data repository for the purpose of storing large, high-dimensional data sets.
The repository is a performance-critical component of the whole visualization and compute environment.
In particular, its interfaces have to be designed such that visual interaction is not only supported but also enhanced.
For this reason, computational steering methods are developed concurrently in order to help understand and define the
requirements and boundary conditions of this reference scenario.
All algorithms being developed in the subproject are based on the sparse grid technique, a numerical method for slightly lossy data compression.
Its hierarchical nature is especially well-suited for the task of providing data for the visualization.
| Gerrit Buse
- D. Butnaru, D. Pflüger and H.-J. Bungartz: Towards High-Dimensional Computational Steering of Precomputed Simulation Data using Sparse Grids In Proceedings of the International Conference on Computational Science (ICCS) 2011, Volume 4 of Procedia CS, p. 56–65. Springer-Verlag, June 2011.
- A. Murarasu, J. Weidendorfer, G. Buse, D. Butnaru and D. Pflüger: Compact Data Structure and Scalable Algorithms for the Sparse Grid Technique In Proceedings of the 16th ACM SIGPLAN Symposium on Principles and Practice of Parallel Programming (PPoPP), February 2011.
- D. Butnaru, G. Buse and D. Pflüger. A Parallel and Distributed Surrogate Model Implementation for Computational Steering , Proceeding of the 11th International Symposium on Parallel and Distributed Computing - Proceedings of ISPDC 2012
- A. Murarasu, G. Buse, J. Weidendorfer, D. Pflüger and A. Bode, fastsg: A Fast Routines Library for Sparse Grids , ICCS 2012
- G. Buse, R. Jacob, D. Pflüger and A. Murarasu, A Non-static Data Layout Enhancing Parallelism and Vectorization in Sparse Grid Algorithms , Proceeding of the 11th International Symposium on Parallel and Distributed Computing - ISPDC 2012
- G. Buse, D. Pflüger and R. Jacob, Efficient Pseudorecursive Evaluation Schemes for Non-Adaptive Sparse Grids , Lecture Notes in Computational Science and Engineering, Volume 97, 2013