Bildnachweis: TUM (links), Kai Hamann, produced by gsiCom (2.v.links), Christoph Rehbach (3.v. links)
Latest Activities & News
MAC will co-host the International Conference on Parallel Computing - ParCo2013 (Munich, Sep 10-13, 2013)
- The MAC Summer Workshop 2012 took place during the ISPDC 2012. Visit the MAC Summer Workshop 2012 webpage for more info. Munich/Garching, June 27, 2012
- MAC organized the 11th Symposium on Parallel and Distributed Computing (ISPDC 2012) in Munich/Garching, June 25-29, 2012
- MAC co-organized the Gene Golub SIAM Summer School 2012 on "Simulation and Supercomputing in the Geosciences (Monterey, Jul 29 - Aug 10, 2012)
- An Invasive Computing contribution by Michael Bader, Hans-Joachim Bungartz, and Martin Schreiber has found mentioning in a news article of HPC Wire
- New project High Performance Visual Computing under the umbrella of the KAUST-TUM Special Partnership launched
- BR Alpha TV aired on May 29th 2012 a story on Computer Science at the TUM. Several MAC students helped and are featured in the footage
- Post Graduate Student Amgad Salama from KAUST is at TUM to cooperate with Michael Lieb on Navier Stokes - Darcy fluid simulations.
- MAC PhD student Dominik Schillinger has won the John Argyris Award for his paper on "An Isogeometric Design-through-analysis Methodology based on Adaptive Hierarchical Refinement of NURBS, Immersed Boundary Methods, and T-spline CAD Surfaces"
- MAC PI Prof. Dr. Rüdiger Westermann receives an ERC Advanced Grant SaferVis – Uncertainty Visualization for Reliable Data Discovery (see also the respective TUM press release)
Welcome to the web site of MAC, the Munich Centre of Advanced Computing!
More than 20 research groups from TUM as well as from collaborating research institutions are involved in MAC's projects, and more than 40 additional positions of Ph.D. students or research assistants, respectively, have been created and are funded in the framework of MAC. Furthermore, by adopting the successful educational program of TUM's International Graduate School of Science and Engineering (IGSSE), MAC further strengthens IGSSE's research profile and scope; by being a main pillar of the strategic partnership of TUM and KAUST, the King Abdullah University of Science and Technology, MAC contributes to TUM's international profile and visibility; and via its focus on computing, MAC further strengthens Munich's position as a top player in high-performance computing. So have a look at what currently happens within MAC, and stay tuned for the future developments!